Ciaran's mum made a proper Irish dinner tonight and it was INSANELY DELISH! What you have here folks is roast beef, peas, cabbage and TWO forms of potatoes....that is mashed and roasted...and all drenched in yummy brown gravy. This is a very typical Irish meal with tons of yummy veg...all washed down with a glass of wine. Here is a quick run through of the meal if you feel like making it for Sunday tea (that is what they call dinner here sometimes!)
IRISH ROAST BEEF DINNER
- Beef rib roast - cover in cooking oil and roast in tin in oven for 2 to 3 hours...make sure you have your oven hot before you put it in!
- Roast potatoes - peel potatoes, boil them for 10 minutes and then put them in roasting tin with beef. Keep an eye on those suckers and turn over so they don't burn on one side.
- Mashed potatoes - boil potatoes and then mash with butter, milk and salt and pep -- no brainer!!
- Boiled Cabbage - cut up cabbage into small strips and then wash. Then boil in water for twenty minutes...add butter for some flavor when done and voila!
- Peas - the ones out of the can will do just fine!
- Brown Gravy - add some off the roast beef drippings to a brown gravy mix.